Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been posting here for a few months but I never introduced myself. I'm currently in my last quarter of an electricians program (we start tomorrow, should be fun I guess we're going PLCs and VFDs). It's apparently the best program (theres like 2) in Washington and one of the higher ones in the west coast.

As of right now I work for a Residential EC. I've only worked for 3 months but I've worked on at least 18 houses and 2 Apartment complexes. So I've had some good experiences this summer.

Personal wise, I'm 23 and went in the way of an Electrician because my Mom thought it would be good to have a trade to rely on. So far I like it a lot.

Thanks.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
I've been posting here for a few months but I never introduced myself. I'm currently in my last quarter of an electricians program (we start tomorrow, should be fun I guess we're going PLCs and VFDs). It's apparently the best program (theres like 2) in Washington and one of the higher ones in the west coast.

As of right now I work for a Residential EC. I've only worked for 3 months but I've worked on at least 18 houses and 2 Apartment complexes. So I've had some good experiences this summer.

Personal wise, I'm 23 and went in the way of an Electrician because my Mom thought it would be good to have a trade to rely on. So far I like it a lot.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum..:thumbup:

If you can pick up on the PLC'c and VFD's ,motor controls and anything else that has to do with Motors and controls you will be worth top dollar and never have to worry about having a good job...:thumbup:

Good luck...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum..:thumbup:

If you can pick up on the PLC'c and VFD's ,motor controls and anything else that has to do with Motors and controls you will be worth top dollar and never have to worry about having a good job...:thumbup:

Good luck...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
We started Motor Control last quarter and it was quite fun. We didn't do much, but it was by far the most challenging thing we did and a lot of us had a good time. I'm looking forward to PLCs, they just bought 10 more so all of us can have one for labs.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
We started Motor Control last quarter and it was quite fun. We didn't do much, but it was by far the most challenging thing we did and a lot of us had a good time. I'm looking forward to PLCs, they just bought 10 more so all of us can have one for labs.
That's great sounds like you like it .

Read as much as you can on the subject if you can master that part of the trade you will be the top dog..:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts