Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am from Canada. I am registered to do my 6 month initial training program before finding an apprenticeship. I was hoping to use this forum for advice.
It did say when I was signing up that this forum was for electricians only, so hopefully being just a student is ok?

Cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome aboard and what part of Canada are you from? I am always confused with this pre-apprenticeship stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to make a separate post in the general discussion area with my questions though.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello.
I am from Canada. I am registered to do my 6 month initial training program before finding an apprenticeship. I was hoping to use this forum for advice.
It did say when I was signing up that this forum was for electricians only, so hopefully being just a student is ok?

Cheers

Hello !Tom, welcome to the forum..:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
welcome to ET, there are plenty of other students here, BBQ, Cletis, Harry, Chris1971, to name a few:)

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as long as you don't ask us how to fix a screwed up 3way or what size wire to pull for your new hot tub, you should be fine here!

I'm a lower mainlander here. Heard the island is a hard place to work for an electrician. Mainland you'll work a lot, the hard part is making decent money.

I am always confused with this pre-apprenticeship stuff.
Just some scam the schools run, so they can soak some students on tuition and soak the government for subsidies.

They take 6 months to teach kids how to turn a screw driver and make them think they know more than they do.. which is such a blessing to employers. Nothing like having green guys who think they're wire surgeons.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum, as long as you don't ask us how to fix a screwed up 3way or what size wire to pull for your new hot tub, you should be fine here!

I'm a lower mainlander here. Heard the island is a hard place to work for an electrician. Mainland you'll work a lot, the hard part is making decent money.
Nah ill just wire up greenhouses for a living :whistling2:

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I know a guy who wants his grow-op wired. I turned the job down. Want his number? ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well see the trick is not to wire up grow ops. You wire up green houses for people to grow Tomatoes in. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts