Nothing like a 60 amp 240v instant water heater in the same steamy shower enclosure especially when you are standing on a cast iron shower base. Funny thing is i have never heard of anyone getting shocked from a shower unit.Have you seen some of the "Electric Shower" installations they have over there? I have an Aunt in Italy, when I went to visit, I took baths. I was NOT going to risk taking a shower with that thing.
View attachment 158449
Yes, they are protected by an RCD (their equivalent of a GFCI, but at higher trip levels). But to me that's still like standing in a tub full of water, throwing in a plugged in hair dryer and counting on the GFCI to save your life.
Getting burnt when someone flushes the toilet use to be a common problem