Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you existing members.

I am looking to get some info on working in the electrical trade in Australia. I am time served in the steel industry with a HNC in electronics. My wife as just secured a job in Brisbane and I need to know where to start.

Was thinking I could live off her for a while but havent told her yet.

I would really appreciate some sound advice to save valuable time as things could start to move really fast.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to all you existing members.

I am looking to get some info on working in the electrical trade in Australia. I am time served in the steel industry with a HNC in electronics. My wife as just secured a job in Brisbane and I need to know where to start.

Was thinking I could live off her for a while but havent told her yet.

I would really appreciate some sound advice to save valuable time as things could start to move really fast.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm from Victoria, but nowadays in Australia, all states share the same rules (believe me, that wasn't the case a while ago!! ) Anyway, a starting point for you, might ve Energy Safe Victoria (although I suspect someone similar will be in Queensland). Their website is at www.esv.vic.gov.au . They are very happy to help anyone.

I dare say, that you will need to sit your electricians exam, and if you wish to be self employed, you will need a Contractors Licence.

Hope this is of some value

If its of any interest, I am intending the reciprocal - heading over to IK after getting licences here. After many months, I've FINALLY, got the right info..

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The forum has truly gone international!

:thumbsup:

Heard the Sheila,s and Longneck's both in style there:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts