Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here as i found this site googling my problem hoping to stumble onto something. If this is in the wrong thread please move accordingly.

I have 6 pot lights the keep tripping a gfi outlet..

I am hooking these up to a temp panel as the panel is not ready to go yet. The lights are controlled by encilium lighting control. I have bypassed the lighting control with all the same problems.

There is no short in the cct. So I have isolated the first 3 lights to break the group in half. I unplug the disconnect in their jb and the cct is fine. As soon as I put 1 load on (doesn't matter which one) it trips the gfi. I want to tie the cab tire into the temp panel but that would require a shutdown as we have a zero tolerance on live work.

I have also tried multiple gfi outlets. Don't really know what to try again. The only thing I can think of is the neutrals at the lighting control or the gfi but I also have another 100 lights working off of a gfi with the same system.

Any feedback would be great.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I'm new here as i found this site googling my problem hoping to stumble onto something. If this is in the wrong thread please move accordingly.

I have 6 pot lights the keep tripping a gfi outlet..

I am hooking these up to a temp panel as the panel is not ready to go yet. The lights are controlled by encilium lighting control. I have bypassed the lighting control with all the same problems.

There is no short in the cct. So I have isolated the first 3 lights to break the group in half. I unplug the disconnect in their jb and the cct is fine. As soon as I put 1 load on (doesn't matter which one) it trips the gfi. I want to tie the cab tire into the temp panel but that would require a shutdown as we have a zero tolerance on live work.

I have also tried multiple gfi outlets. Don't really know what to try again. The only thing I can think of is the neutrals at the lighting control or the gfi but I also have another 100 lights working off of a gfi with the same system.

Any feedback would be great.

Welcome to the forum..:thumbup:

Why are the lights on a GFCI outlet?:blink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because were still in construction and that's all there is to use right now or we have to shutdown the temp panel. I don't think the gfi is the problem as I have other lights hooked up the same way right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.