Electrician Talk banner

Help Wiring a 7 day digital timer

1600 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  david999
Hi I am newbie and would really appreciate help with wiring a 7 day timer.

The timer is a Muller 01347 2300W Flush Mount 7 Day Digital Timer. on the side of the timer there are two slots together L & N and further along three slots together numbered 1.2 and 3. The slots with numbers 1,2 and 3 have a diagram above the slot which shows a vertical line on 1 a vertical line on 3 and a vertical line on slot 2 with a tilted line which I think is a switch. I would like help identifying how to wire up a light bulb so that it can be programmed by the timer. If I am not mistaken the neutral and live coming from the mains should be wired into the L&N slots. The rest is a bit blurry.Thanks!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neutral is a white wire. Hot wire black. The red “L” is the light.
You say your a “ newbie” - maybe too new if you can’t wire what is essentially a switch.
Hire someone to do this for you .......

Thanks for this FF301. I am surprised at how quickly you and Helmut responded. I will be starting my electrician training in two weeks so only have the basics. I do understand switches but as the previous timer I used from Ebay which turned out to be a poor time keeper did not require any additional wiring other than L in , L out and N in and N out. This was simple. And I just assumed that the new German timer would be the same. But now I see I have to add a couple of additional wires to the circuit. Thanks for the much needed help. I almost lost all faith in the Germans. :sad:

· Bootlegger
4,372 Posts
Thanks for this FF301. I am surprised at how quickly you and Helmut responded. I will be starting my electrician training in two weeks so only have the basics. I do understand switches but as the previous timer I used from Ebay which turned out to be a poor time keeper did not require any additional wiring other than L in , L out and N in and N out. This was simple. And I just assumed that the new German timer would be the same. But now I see I have to add a couple of additional wires to the circuit. Thanks for the much needed help. I almost lost all faith in the Germans. :sad:
We're that good here.

Welcome and come back often.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neutral is a white wire. Hot wire black. The red “L” is the light.
You say your a “ newbie” - maybe too new if you can’t wire what is essentially a switch.
Hire someone to do this for you .......
Works a treat massive thanks. I can see the Colorado air does you good. Here in sunny England (not) the wiring colour coding is slightly different. Red is hot, blue is neutral and yellow and green is earth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.