Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to fix a light fixture in my house because when the light is on it swirls but never stays on. I took it to work and wired it to a cord and it worked perfect so I brought it back home and tried to wire it up and it wouldn't work. It's a t12 fluorescent fixture so there is the black and white wire from the ballast that says to hook up to power source. There are two sets of romex coming through the ceiling each with a black and white and of course the ground. But there is also a random black and white wire coming through as well. I've found that those two are from the overhead oven light. I connected all the black wires together and all the white wires together and the light wouldn't even turn on when I flipped the light switch. I can't figure out which wires go where. Please help!

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,677 Posts
Ask some of your customers- I would help my supply guys in a heartbeat

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.