Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm writing my red seal in a weeks time and I've been studying both from old tests that I still have as well as non stop of the CEPE app. I decided to check out the red seal website to try out some questions on that. I'm stuck on this one as I've always struggled with voltage drop. I know the answer is 10awg as it seemed common sense but I'm wondering how I would get that answer from the CEC? Thank you
Screenshot_20210503-122722.png

Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
Voltage drop is in 8-102

Note to that rule says to look at appendix B and also appendix D.

note, if you have other questions, you should post in the Canadian section ... you'll get more canucks looking there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry lol i was just in a hurry for an answer. I found this though
so basically to find conductor size for VD you just go to table D3 then divide the voltage it gives by 120 x the PF it gives divided by the 1% PF then the total distance by the that number so 25/2= 12.5. if you go across the 10amps section in table d3 you can see 10 awg would be the answer.

Registered
Yeah sorry lol i was just in a hurry for an answer. I found this though
so basically to find conductor size for VD you just go to table D3 then divide the voltage it gives by 120 x the PF it gives divided by the 1% PF then the total distance by the that number so 25/2= 12.5. if you go across the 10amps section in table d3 you can see 10 awg would be the answer.
I don't recall power factor being in the voltage drop calc in the cec.
Just use the calc as per the example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts