Electrician Talk banner

help with kitchen remodel

1501 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  480sparky

I am in need of some help. I am remodeling my kitchen and in the process of taking down the old backsplash and putting up new, I decided to put in new receptacles and switches. The old devices were in boxes that are flush with the sheetrock, which makes them stick out about 1/4" to be flush with the backsplash. The old devices had the tile behind the yoke and was tightened up to the tile. Isn't this a problem? Shouldn't I try to buy some box extenders so that the full device is in the box? I am able to find single gang box extenders and install them no problem, but for my double and triple gang boxes, I can't find any extenders. Do they make them? Any other ideas of how I need to do this? I don't know much about residential, as I have spent my entire career in industrial and instrumentation type work. Thanks for the help!
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Arlington makes box extenders for all types of gang boxes
Arlington makes not only the right extenders, but also makes gang able ones.
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Not open for further replies.