Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've never seen it. #2/0 solid aluminum. POCO underground feed.

And, a free carwash along side the freeway.

Maintenance crew painting the retaining walls oversprayed my vehicle as I was driving by. I circled back and fortunately there was a lot of room to pull over. They power washed it and gave me a $50 gift card to have it detailed. :thumbup:

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
A lot of the overhead poco conductors are solid AL. I've never seen them used in an underground application though.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
A lot of the overhead poco conductors are solid AL. I've never seen them used in an underground application though.
I've never seen solid AL conductors. Everything Poco side I have seen has been ancient CU or ACSR

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I've never seen it. #2/0 solid aluminum. POCO underground feed.

And, a free carwash along side the freeway.

Maintenance crew painting the retaining walls oversprayed my vehicle as I was driving by. I circled back and fortunately there was a lot of room to pull over. They power washed it and gave me a $50 gift card to have it detailed. :thumbup:
I hope, at least, that it was an American made pressure washer.:blink:

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope, at least, that it was an American made pressure washer.:blink:

If it was an American made vehicle like the two piece of **** Fords I last purchased, the pressure washer would have somehow disabled it and cost me a couple thousand dollars.

$800 fuel pump and $1400 injectors at under 30K miles one one and injectors on the other one. When America figures out how to build a quality vehicle, I'll buy one. My Chevy (Izusu) vans have been pretty good but for smaller vehicles, Toyota has always been stellar for me.

Ford can kiss my ass :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Some POCOs used to do solid aluminum open secondary busses on spool racks. Underground here is stranded AL. New Over head leans toward either, AAC or ACSR with a few AAAC.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
If it was an American made vehicle like the two piece of **** Fords I last purchased, the pressure washer would have somehow disabled it and cost me a couple thousand dollars.

$800 fuel pump and $1400 injectors at under 30K miles one one and injectors on the other one. When America figures out how to build a quality vehicle, I'll buy one. My Chevy (Izusu) vans have been pretty good but for smaller vehicles, Toyota has always been stellar for me.

Ford can kiss my ass :thumbup:
The repairs were under warranty? Ford's bumper to bumper is 3/36000 and powertrain is 5/60000.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts