Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm 31, basically have worked landscaping/general maintenance for most of my professional career. Besides that I have also done flooring and weatherization. Five years ago I went to school for HVAC, had a hard time finding work, maybe because the economic state and also possibly me not pushing hard enough.

Jump ahead to now and I'm about to graduate from community college with my associates and feel I would much rather enjoy strapping on work boots and working with my hands. When taking HVAC classes, the class I enjoyed the most was the electric course(basic electric). Just even though it was the beginning and maybe my fascination comes from the fact that I still know nothing about electric, that could be somewhat the driving force that fascinates me about it.

Yesterday I decided to fill out an apprentice application with the IBEW local 380, and I'm pretty excited about the possibility, and know most the math (doing refreshers though). If this doesn't work out then my backup plan is to start taking classes through the associated builders and contractors training center.

So, I wanted to signup and just learn, discuss, and read. Would love some advice if you have any, other then that, hello!

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hey guys, I'm 31, basically have worked landscaping/general maintenance for most of my professional career. Besides that I have also done flooring and weatherization. Five years ago I went to school for HVAC, had a hard time finding work, maybe because the economic state and also possibly me not pushing hard enough.

Jump ahead to now and I'm about to graduate from community college with my associates and feel I would much rather enjoy strapping on work boots and working with my hands. When taking HVAC classes, the class I enjoyed the most was the electric course(basic electric). Just even though it was the beginning and maybe my fascination comes from the fact that I still know nothing about electric, that could be somewhat the driving force that fascinates me about it.

Yesterday I decided to fill out an apprentice application with the IBEW local 380, and I'm pretty excited about the possibility, and know most the math (doing refreshers though). If this doesn't work out then my backup plan is to start taking classes through the associated builders and contractors training center.

So, I wanted to signup and just learn, discuss, and read. Would love some advice if you have any, other then that, hello!
Hello welcome aboard....:thumbup:

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,605 Posts
Welcome to ET

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
welcome to the forums! lots to learned from these guys. don't leave if they start picking on ya, all part of the iniation.LOL!:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts