Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Jim from Portland, Maine. I'm a licensed Master electrician. I spent 13 years doing residential/commercial installs, service, etc. I took a job a year and a half ago in an industrial setting. While I have basics down, control circuits are giving me a hard time. Start stop stations, use of control relays, switches and sensors of all types, it's a little overwhelming! It's almost like a different trade! Hell, I have a hard time trying to design a basic ladder logic diagram. I have come quite a ways, and some days are better than others, but I do enjoy the work. Anyway, I'm happy to have stumbled upon this forum. Hopefully I can pick up a few pointers here and there. Thanks for the ad!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello! My name is Jim from Portland, Maine. I'm a licensed Master electrician. I spent 13 years doing residential/commercial installs, service, etc. I took a job a year and a half ago in an industrial setting. While I have basics down, control circuits are giving me a hard time. Start stop stations, use of control relays, switches and sensors of all types, it's a little overwhelming! It's almost like a different trade! Hell, I have a hard time trying to design a basic ladder logic diagram. I have come quite a ways, and some days are better than others, but I do enjoy the work. Anyway, I'm happy to have stumbled upon this forum. Hopefully I can pick up a few pointers here and there. Thanks for the ad!
Welcome aboard..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Are you anywhere near Poland Spring?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
MTW said:
Originally Posted by mxslick
Welcome Jim, you'll find a lot of useful info here along with some drama queens like myself who will provide entertainment. :laughing:
:whistling2:
And then there's MTW who will ask if you're really an electrician, or just reply to everything you post with one of his stock answers:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: or :sleep1::sleep1::sleep1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome. What're your thoughts Tony's Donuts or The Holy Donut?

This is very important.
Well, I was raised on Tony's, you can't beat their molasses raised, the French toast boat, or the glazed rope! I've been to the Holy Donut a few times. A little pricey for donuts, but good. I gotta go with Tony's! Check out Little Bigs in South Portland @ cash corner. They have a "Cronut". Good luck trying to procure any, last time I checked they're on back order til the end of April! But their donuts are tasty!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.