Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I signed up for the apprenticeship in January of this year, received the letter to take the test battery, and just finished my oral interview today.

Thank you for all the help with this process so far. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you on the job.

I've worked in commercial and residential construction for over 18 years. I was laid off in 2009 and decided to be proactive and pursue an edu... educa... some learnin'. I received my AAS in Civil Engineering Technology in June 2011.

I'm very excited to hear where I ranked in the interview/testing process! I've wanted to be in this trade since high school, but the opportunity never presented itself. This time I didn't wait for the opportunity, I made it.

Well, I guess that's enough about me.

·
13,020 Posts
Welcome. Whereabouts are you from?

What's this about oral interviews? Maybe I should get on the interview committee. :whistling2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Whereabouts are you from?

What's this about oral interviews? Maybe I should get on the interview committee. :whistling2:
I guess I should have realized that sooner... Construction attitude and vocabulary have been absent for a while. I'll get back into it soon enough.

I'm from Portland, just like my profile says.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Apprentice after 18 years working ? Do you have go back to the bottom, or do you get credit, and compensated in pay for your experience ?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hello everyone,

I signed up for the apprenticeship in January of this year, received the letter to take the test battery, and just finished my oral interview today.

Thank you for all the help with this process so far. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you on the job.

I've worked in commercial and residential construction for over 18 years. I was laid off in 2009 and decided to be proactive and pursue an edu... educa... some learnin'. I received my AAS in Civil Engineering Technology in June 2011.

I'm very excited to hear where I ranked in the interview/testing process! I've wanted to be in this trade since high school, but the opportunity never presented itself. This time I didn't wait for the opportunity, I made it.

Well, I guess that's enough about me.
Hello Weasel Welcome to ET......:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a 15 year Journeyman in Drywall Finishing, but I've done a little in different trades ranging from insulation, steel stud framing, acoustical ceilings, and hanging drywall.

·
13,020 Posts
Cool, well, someday I'm sure I'll run into you at a Continuing Ed class at NIETC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts