Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspection used to require a 30 min max timer on resi tubs.
I can't find any mention of it in code book.
Anybody know if rule still exists?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,322 Posts
I realize you are in Canada so I don't know but I am guessing it is an energy code. Timers in the US are required for pools here

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for the info.
Been putting timers on for yrs because I was taught that wAy.
Never questioned it until now.
Pretty bad eh?

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,322 Posts
Thank for the info.
Been putting timers on for yrs because I was taught that wAy.
Never questioned it until now.
Pretty bad eh?

Yeah, you will probably go to hell because of what you did ....:no:

·
Registered
223 Posts
yeah i think so, they probably have 30 + sub rules to contradict what the rest of the country does because ESA needed/ wants to be different.

They probably require a disco ball thats time interlok'd with the tub and wired with concreted pvc conduit, with conduit atleast 10x bigger then needed, oh wait thats BC sorry.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah but most of ours make sense, I actually like most of the changes in the Standata. Not to derail this thread but services (section 6) are good changes, both overhead and underground.

Example:

1.Ridgid overhead Services, who would actually use the huge super 2.5 inch mast CSA calls for when for 100amp you can use 1 1/4 inch. (except once again BC)

2. USEB90 cable, with reduced Neutral for single phase split , BC can't use USEB R/N except BC Hydro, in Alberta we can continue to use it past the meter, and for (I hate this word) sub-services.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.