Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Lookin to get my license. I have roughly 5 years experience and am a confident electrician. Dont know where to get started. If any of u guys know who to contact or how to get started I would appreciate the help.

Thanx
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
306 Posts
Take a look at this page:

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/electric/elec_applications.htm

You need to get the forms filled out by your past contractors for at least 5 years worth of work.

Take a look at Mike Holt's website, he has a lot of good study material. You should also pay for a course, they all but give you the answers to the test, it will definitely help.

Keep your head in the books and work on the calculations and there is no reason why you shouldn't make it.

I know a couple people who failed the first time, but I think they just didn't commit themselves enough. You gotta be willing to put in the hours studying.

·
Banned
306 Posts
ElectricNick, what type of experience do you have? Were you union or non-union? Did you attend any type of school or training?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, Dionne Warwick, Count Basie, Dizzie Gillespie, The Four Seasons...

·
Registered
153 Posts
What do other states do? Make left and right turns on highways?
Left turn lanes at traffic lights, or rotaries. I'm not saying that they are a good or bad idea, just unique to NJ for the most part. I can think of a road in Maine that has a few, but that is the only other place I have ever seen them. There are probably other places too.

·
Jesus Scott
9,383 Posts
Left turn lanes at traffic lights, or rotaries. I'm not saying that they are a good or bad idea, just unique to NJ for the most part. I can think of a road in Maine that has a few, but that is the only other place I have ever seen them. There are probably other places too.
Have you ever been anywhere else? :huh:

Plenty of them here in MA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts