Electrician Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been an electrician for 42 years and have taught many electrical classes. That does not mean I am an expert just that I am old. I hope that I can help I know that I will learn from this site.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
I have been an electrician for 42 years and have taught many electrical classes. That does not mean I am an expert just that I am old. I hope that I can help I know that I will learn from this site.

Welcome to the forum let the fun begin...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
21,901 Posts
Welcome and I hope your expertise can help us along. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
acutter said:
Welcome! So in those 42 years whats the scariest/closest time you've come to...hurting youself beyond repair? Spill the beans :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welsome to the forum i have only been an electrician for 40 years so i can learn from anybody

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome! So in those 42 years whats the scariest/closest time you've come to...hurting youself beyond repair? Spill the beans :)
There have been many scary close calls. But the one that stands out the most is when I was working a hot 440 volt HVAC panel. Long before OSHA requested that we not die on the job. I was holding the wire in the breaker and I asked my partner for my allen wrench, which was insolated, he handed me his which was not. OUCH!!!! I can still remember yelling all those 4 letter words that we use on the job but nothing came out. They were all locked in my head with no outlet. He finally realized that I was shaking, not because that I was moving to a cool tune, BUT BECAUSE I WAS DIEING. He put his belt around me and pulled me free. Needless to say all those four letter words finally came into use. Steve and I am still good friends and we laugh about it now but OUCH THAT HURT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts