Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lighting a heated,finished, painted helicopter hanger with approximately 16 ft. ceilings. The size is about 50'x100'. I have had great success with either a 4 or 6 lamp t-5 high bay switching the two ballast separately. The owner is cutting edge and money doesn't seem to be an object and would like LED technology. Has anyone seen the latest LED lighting for this application, how was the light colour? amount of fixtures? Any brands I should look at?
Jason

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Jlarson said:
What brand is that?
**** I can't remember off the top of my head. I put six up in a robotic area so they could test them. There's been talk of swapping out the t5 hi bays with these if they like them. That'd be roughly 1800 fixtures. I'll check the label on them next time I'm over that way. I liked them

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
I like them too. I'm trying to get a customer to to let is replace a bunch of old 400 mh high bays that are hanging on EMT nipples.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Jlarson said:
I like them too. I'm trying to get a customer to to let is replace a bunch of old 400 mh high bays that are hanging on EMT nipples.
The shítty part though is the hi bays were done with gripples and these new ones are designed for a hook. They work with gripples but it's kind of awkward getting them hanging square

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
The shítty part though is the hi bays were done with gripples and these new ones are designed for a hook. They work with gripples but it's kind of awkward getting them hanging square
If I had 1,500 to do I would work on figuring out a way to get rid of the awkwardness.

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
Gripples are just wire rope hangers. What's there worry about hanging square come from, its a round fixture too? :laughing:

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Jlarson said:
Gripples are just wire rope hangers. What's there worry about hanging square come from, its a round fixture too? :laughing:
Yeah yeah I know but the current gripples are set at the corners of the existing fixtures is it was just weird trust me haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts