Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on everyone my name is Ron and I am 24yrs old been in the Electrical trade for 7yrs. The reason I am on here is cause I want to become a master electrician in Maryland, But I need to study kinda low on money so don't want to take a course. So i'm wondering if there is any website or something?

·
Premium Member
20,984 Posts
Welcome :thumbsup:

There are a few other Baltimorons on here. Hopefully, they'll speak up soon.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Whats going on everyone my name is Ron and I am 24yrs old been in the Electrical trade for 7yrs. The reason I am on here is cause I want to become a master electrician in Maryland, But I need to study kinda low on money so don't want to take a course. So i'm wondering if there is any website or something?
This site right here is a great learning tool.

Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Hey! I resemble that! :whistling2: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
20,984 Posts
Hey! I resemble that! :whistling2: :laughing:
I was wondering if you'd catch that. You don't know how long I've been waiting to write "Baltimoron". :laughing:

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Yep, there sure are. And they're gonna be disappointed when the Steelers win the division again this year! :thumbsup:
I doubt that....:no:

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts

·
Semi-Retired
1,289 Posts
Yep, there sure are. And they're gonna be disappointed when the Steelers win the division again this year! :thumbsup:
Don't start.
Really and truly... don't start.

·
Waaambulance Driver
629 Posts
Ron, this website is a good place as John said. The Electric League of Md. offers some excellent classes for reasonable fees. The have code, calculation, and Master courses. I think their website is www.elomd.com .
Don't hold me to that link. Also if you are a Union man Local 24 JATC has some classes. I think they just started but they run them again the first of the year. Welcome aboard and I hope this helps.

Charlie

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,322 Posts
Welcome :thumbsup:

I knew it was only a matter of time before that was stated .
Being I'm 30 couple miles north of B-more I'll exempt myself from that status:laughing:

Welcome to the forum Ron.
Like the others said, look into the electric league classes. Some employers will pay for the class ( if your lucky)
There are plenty of study guides out there also.
Mike Holt has a ton of study material available ( www.mikeholt.com)

There are some folks here that seem to be knowledgeable also. Post your questions

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
I knew it was only a matter of time before that was stated .
Being I'm 30 couple miles north of B-more I'll exempt myself from that status:laughing:
Nope, sorry Ken - we're including you too..... :laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Baltimore-New Guy

Whats up everybody I'm from Baltimore. I been in the trade almost 4 yrs. I'm a 3rd yr. apprentice I attend IEC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts