Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Welcome! Just curious, is it true that BC stands for "Bring Cash"? Good luck with starring your new career!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, Wendon it is a little expensive here, I was lucky to get in before things really took off.

Mshea... It is nice to see someone local, I welcome any advise about getting on with someone, right now I am going from A-Z hoping to find someone looking.

To take it one step further, if you know of anyone in Victoria or the Island looking for people I would be Forever in your Debt : )

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, Wendon it is a little expensive here, I was lucky to get in before things really took off.

Mshea... It is nice to see someone local, I welcome any advise about getting on with someone, right now I am going from A-Z hoping to find someone looking.

To take it one step further, if you know of anyone in Victoria or the Island looking for people I would be Forever in your Debt : )
Never give up,,,,Stand tall and keep at it , You will do well..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did you fare?

I would love to know how you have fared in Victoria. I live in the cook street area and I have been trying to start an apprenticeship as well. It would be nice to hear that someone got something in this beautiful town.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Andrew,

I applied to about 40+ places all over the island. My intentions were to keep following up until I found something, and an opportunity did open up. I have been working with a small company for 4 months now, and am really enjoying it. I had a really good basic knowledge from years of working on my own properties, and it really helped out. I would suggest maybe trying a pre apprenticeship course if you have limited knowledge, or aren't having any luck.

All the best in your new career!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.