Electrician Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Aaron.

I just recently moved to WV from Michigan where I was an industrial electrician for 13 years, last 2 years I was a supervisor. I made paint systems for all the major auto companies and was a very well rounded employee with some of the very best workmanship around when it comes to wiring and bending conduit/tubing. As you can see there, I'm looking for some employment ;)

I stumbled across the site searching the web for whatever work related reason and have been snooping occasionally. Finally time to say hello!

Now the personal stuff, I impregnated the fiance... so we moved closer to her family here in WV for free babysitting, and to make her happy. I have two american bulldogs, Boomer and Sugar, and no I do not breed them. I'll be getting married in December and am going to be taking my J-mans test in January.

I have a maintenance position lined up for the first of the year for a company that contracts for Dow Chemical, but if things fall my way I'm hoping to get hired as an instrument electrician by Dow. I love to run conduit though, and would love to find some sort of job that would want that skill-set.

I'd like to do houses but I just can't find myself lowering my pay that low starting out with a kid on the way. I have 2 certificates of completion from a vocational school where the first year was a basics of construction course and the second year we actually built a pretty fancy home.

Whelp that's enough from me for now, I'm hoping to be able to contribute and take in as much knowledge as I can from some of the more experienced people in this forum and of course.. make a lot of friends in the process.
Thanks!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hello, I'm Aaron.

I just recently moved to WV from Michigan where I was an industrial electrician for 13 years, last 2 years I was a supervisor. I made paint systems for all the major auto companies and was a very well rounded employee with some of the very best workmanship around when it comes to wiring and bending conduit/tubing. As you can see there, I'm looking for some employment ;)

I stumbled across the site searching the web for whatever work related reason and have been snooping occasionally. Finally time to say hello!

Now the personal stuff, I impregnated the fiance... so we moved closer to her family here in WV for free babysitting, and to make her happy. I have two american bulldogs, Boomer and Sugar, and no I do not breed them. I'll be getting married in December and am going to be taking my J-mans test in January.

I have a maintenance position lined up for the first of the year for a company that contracts for Dow Chemical, but if things fall my way I'm hoping to get hired as an instrument electrician by Dow. I love to run conduit though, and would love to find some sort of job that would want that skill-set.

I'd like to do houses but I just can't find myself lowering my pay that low starting out with a kid on the way. I have 2 certificates of completion from a vocational school where the first year was a basics of construction course and the second year we actually built a pretty fancy home.

Whelp that's enough from me for now, I'm hoping to be able to contribute and take in as much knowledge as I can from some of the more experienced people in this forum and of course.. make a lot of friends in the process.
Thanks!
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Anyone near WV?
I hate that I can not work electrical until I take my test in January. I'm 31 now and have had the same job since I was 18... it seems like it's not like the old days where you just walk in a place and ask if they're hiring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome aboard Aaron!

I lived in Moundsville a couple of years, great folks.
Thanks.. I've read quite a few posts of yours and can say you seem like a swell guy.

I'm on the border of Sissonville and Charleston, it's a nice little community. Definitely a little different then the Detroit area that's for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts