Electrician Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a 1st year electricians apprentice in Toronto Canada. I primarily work 95% of the time in commercial building settings. I've been a Communications Cable installer for 14 years and running my own communications business for 7 years. Decided it's time to get into electrical since everyone seems to be doing both.

If anyone in Toronto or the GTA needs a hand send me a message. I'm trying to get my hours as quickly as I can. Don't mind working evenings and weekends. I also have my own truck 2010 Ford F150 :) and probably most of the tools needed as an electrician.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy insulated tools in Toronto/Richmond Hill/Markham?

I'll probably have a few noob apprentice questions to follow but I'll do my best to use the search button before I post :)

Take Care

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a 1st year electricians apprentice in Toronto Canada. I primarily work 95% of the time in commercial building settings. I've been a Communications Cable installer for 14 years and running my own communications business for 7 years. Decided it's time to get into electrical since everyone seems to be doing both.

If anyone in Toronto or the GTA needs a hand send me a message. I'm trying to get my hours as quickly as I can. Don't mind working evenings and weekends. I also have my own truck 2010 Ford F150 :) and probably most of the tools needed as an electrician.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy insulated tools in Toronto/Richmond Hill/Markham?

I'll probably have a few noob apprentice questions to follow but I'll do my best to use the search button before I post :)

Take Care

Welcome to the forum:thumbup::thumbup:

BTW nice truck..:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I myself was a telcom guy too before joining the ranks of electricians. I love both..but the electrical industry has a lot more to offer. Good choice:thumbup: and good luck to you

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Hey man welcome to the forum. You should check out Concord Hardware over at highway 7 and Bowes Road where they sell Gray and Wera tools. Also you can get insulated Knipex tools at Lowe's and they are straight up awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using ET Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Vintage Sound... That place isn't too far from where I live I'll definitely check it out.

I'm also looking for some good quality work clothes. I have uniforms for my company but since I’ve been working with low voltage the guys and I wear kakis and our company golf shirts. Since I'm getting into commercial electricity probably a good idea to get some insulated Dicies overalls (not a spelling error filter) :). Where's a good place to buy them? I went to Mark Work Warehouse and they hardly have any in store

If you guys check out my web page www.dexionsolutions.ca that first picture of the racks and cable was some recent work I did for MCI data centre :)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts