Electrician Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an electrician in South Africa working for our national power supplier as a senior controller in one of our network control centres for the past 12 years. Before this I worked on the power lines and transmission and distribution substations, 11KV to 765KV. Before that I did my apprenticeship, qualified and worked in one of Anglo American’s mines here in SA. I’m very excited and look forward to talk to other electricians from all over the world. I know every country has its own way of doing things and its own terminology for certain equipment, tools and techniques therefore I’m very keen to learn how you do things in your country, especially the controllers if there are some of you on this forum. Thanks for having me here, I’m grateful.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Hello Control

I am from Nepal. I also specialized in power lines and transmission along with distribution systems. I am trying to change my career to residential electric in the u.s.

welcome to this forum

Frank

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Nepal and South Africa----WAY cool, both places on my short list to visit.

·
Eeeeeevil Bitch
2,256 Posts
hey! worked with a couple of guys from SA a few years ago, my oh my, are you boys an interesting breed! (haha, not in a bad way) They made me chuckle on many a day.........

Welcome!

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Guys and girls

Sounds like you are pretty educated. Welcome to the forum. Don't get upset if one of our PROFESSIONALS asks you how to put a switch on an exhaust fan. We do have a guy who has worked in High Voltages a lot though... Zog, you're on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the welcomes guys . . . and BCSparkyGirl. I was wondering if there really were any girls on this forum:001_huh: :thumbsup:.
Yea, Bada. When you only work on HV it's very straight forward and all safety, safety, safety. But when you go over to residential electricity or like we call it "house wiring", it gets a bit more technical, so . . good luck with that :thumbsup:.
Well yea RIVETER. I'm have to admit I am quit educated. I can already count to ten, and this week I'm leranig to rite my mane . . :001_huh: . . I mean my name :laughing:

·
Senior Moment
1,120 Posts
Welcome to the board, how cool is this we're becoming the IBEW (International Board of Electrical Workers):jester:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts