Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, gentlemen. I was searching for some info on a VFD fault a few days ago and came across this site. I've been reading through the forums and decided to sign up.

My name is Brandon, I work for International Paper in Louisiana. I'm an electrician, instrument fitter and instrumentation tech, working towards certifying as a millwright sometime this year also.

Not sure what else I should toss in here, just wanted to say hello. Anything you want to know about me, feel free to ask.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
34,726 Posts
I am happy every time an American well rounded electrician joins this site. American Electricians Talk. NFPA all the way.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello, gentlemen. I was searching for some info on a VFD fault a few days ago and came across this site. I've been reading through the forums and decided to sign up.

My name is Brandon, I work for International Paper in Louisiana. I'm an electrician, instrument fitter and instrumentation tech, working towards certifying as a millwright sometime this year also.

Not sure what else I should toss in here, just wanted to say hello. Anything you want to know about me, feel free to ask.

Hello Brandon;:)

Welcome aboard...:thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aren't most of the people here American?

I love electrical work, especially troubleshooting control systems. I'm not a big fan of construction, though that's how I started out. I've been doing industrial maintenance for a few years and I don't miss running conduit or cable tray all that much. I can still do it, though.

Are you a construction electrician?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Harry. Things have been slow at work this week so I've been spending most of my shift reading through threads here, all been interesting so far. Though my co-workers think I'm insane for spending my down time reading about the trade. Oh well.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Thanks, Harry. Things have been slow at work this week so I've been spending most of my shift reading through threads here, all been interesting so far. Though my co-workers think I'm insane for spending my down time reading about the trade. Oh well.

:laughing:

Yeah,,,,,You might get smarter than them,,,Chit what could go wrong..:whistling2::laughing:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:laughing:

Yeah,,,,,You might get smarter than them,,,Chit what could go wrong..:whistling2::laughing:
They aren't too worried about me. I won't be competition for long. I'm 27, everyone else in my shop is 40-61 years old. They are just coasting to retirement.

I try to learn all I can. I've really been studying VFDs a lot lately, we have everything from old Veri-Speed DC drives to new AB PF755s. I'm pretty good on the new ones, but barely competent on the old ones from the 70s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.