Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician & Electronics Technologist
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I've poked my head in here to lurk from time to time. Recently I started visiting more frequently and actually posting things (gasp!), so I thought I should probably introduce myself!

I'm in the Georgian Triangle area of Ontario in CANADA! I grew up surrounded by electrical. My father had an electrical company all through my childhood, so I began wiring stuff about the same time I started walking it seems! I got lots of great experience doing all sorts of industrial and PLC stuff from a fairly young age.

After high school, I went and got a B.Tech in electronics engineering. I decided I didn't want to work in a city, so I moved home and and did an appreniticeship with a local company (my dad had sold his company by that point). I've been licensed for a little over 4 years now.

Currently I am working at a mobile equipment engineering company doing some electrical design work...for the most part, not really electrician work! It's a big day when we get something over 24 Vdc! I also spend a decent amount of time doing hydraulics, documentation, and 3D mecahnical CAD 'stuff'. So really I'm kinda faking being an electrician at the moment! :whistling2:

I'm married, no kids (yet).

That's my intro! See you on the forums!

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hello to all!

I've poked my head in here to lurk from time to time. Recently I started visiting more frequently and actually posting things (gasp!), so I thought I should probably introduce myself!

I'm in the Georgian Triangle area of Ontario in CANADA! I grew up surrounded by electrical. My father had an electrical company all through my childhood, so I began wiring stuff about the same time I started walking it seems! I got lots of great experience doing all sorts of industrial and PLC stuff from a fairly young age.

After high school, I went and got a B.Tech in electronics engineering. I decided I didn't want to work in a city, so I moved home and and did an appreniticeship with a local company (my dad had sold his company by that point). I've been licensed for a little over 4 years now.

Currently I am working at a mobile equipment engineering company doing some electrical design work...for the most part, not really electrician work! It's a big day when we get something over 24 Vdc! I also spend a decent amount of time doing hydraulics, documentation, and 3D mecahnical CAD 'stuff'. So really I'm kinda faking being an electrician at the moment! :whistling2:

Welcome aboard..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hello to all!

welcome to ET sir. looking forward to seeing your posts

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
Welcome

welcome to ET sir. looking forward to seeing your posts

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

I welcome you to the forum too !

I have been posting for a few years now , and ...... (believe it or not) I am still having fun !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts