Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all: Have a 1972 Zinsco on a house, needs to upgrade, but with underground service beneath concrete, they do not want to reconductor from power company. Regulations prohibit use of panel with capacity over the ampacity of the service. Want to put a good quality panel like Square D QO, with lots of breakers but they are only available in 200A and up, like C-H model MBE2040BH200BTS. Any ideas for a ringged combo that has 150A or lower rating? Many thanks! Jon

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
qo panels are available in smaller sizes. i believe i have one on a shelf that is only 12 space.
He's talking about an "all in one" or "combination service entrance device" that they use in the south western states (and maybe Florida, too?) It has the meter, main breaker and panel in one enclosure and is installed outdoors. As far as I know, they don't make a QO CSED.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Hello all: Have a 1972 Zinsco on a house, needs to upgrade, but with underground service beneath concrete, they do not want to reconductor from power company. Regulations prohibit use of panel with capacity over the ampacity of the service. Want to put a good quality panel like Square D QO, with lots of breakers but they are only available in 200A and up, like C-H model MBE2040BH200BTS. Any ideas for a ringged combo that has 150A or lower rating? Many thanks! Jon
Could you just install a smaller breaker?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.