Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Historical account of shameful union behavior and how the system rewards them

A union officer filed charges against a union member

because someone witnessed and accused that member of intending to cause a work stoppage

by distributing photos of a witness room for a union trial.

That union officer only offered the witness' statement as evidence

thus, denying the union member the right to cross examine the witness.

A written opinion

that posting photos of union business on a worksite was intended to cause a work stoppage

is a pretty big assumption, unless the employer was involved somehow. They weren't.

Or unless there was something written stating that union members should stop working because of those photos.

More important,

that union officer should know that the union's Constitution states:

"Any member may be penalized for committing the following offence:

(l) "Causing or engaging in unauthorized work stoppages...

That union officer should know that the union's Constitution does NOT state:

"With the intent of causing a work stoppage."

That union officer reminds me of the "thought police" from George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Despite this account being written into history by the Labor Board,

the big lie about the work stoppage charge was not dealt with by the Labor Board.

Nor did the Labor Board deal with the fact that acting as the thought police and charging someone for something that never happened, in my opinion, is just plain old corrupt.

That union officer is now a member of the labor board.

Despite the Labor Board being well aware of that union officers' big lie.

True story.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wiz1997 said:
"Saw a local business agent sell out the local members.
Shortly after doing so he was moved to the Washington DC office of the IBEW."

You nailed it.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Saw a local business agent sell out the local members.
Shortly after doing so he was moved to the Washington DC office of the IBEW.
I saw local contractors make their employees cash their checks and return cash to them to dodge prevailing wage laws.
I saw local contractors form a fake apprenticeship school, require their employees to attend it even though they weren't teaching anything, profit because they charged their own employees for the schooling, and then populate a 40 person jobsite with 39 apprentices and one foreman (the owner) until they were decertified by the state.
I saw a contractor from Florida working 2 employees on a local taxpayer funded BID Long Island project and followed them to their extended stay hotel, chatted the employees up, and uncovered their boss's scam. I'm beaming with pride the way we handled that one.

Unions, just like governments and religions, are populated by and made up of people. And sometimes, people can be bad.

·
Registered
Retired IBEW inside wireman
326 Posts
Well he can disagree with how the union works....just think he was a little too 'in your face' about the IBEW...Talk across to a person-not down to them....

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,358 Posts
I wonder if he was the union member who had charges filed against him

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,358 Posts
Because banning someone that posts information that goes against our beliefs is an effective way to handle dissent.

No john it had nothing to do with this thread. I was not involved in it but I saw that it was not this thread that got him banned

1 - 16 of 16 Posts