Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wen't into a Home Depot today to get some led lamps. And saw the 12-2 and 14-2 bins and the prices today were $108 for 12-2 and $95 for 14-2 250 ft rolls. Less than a week ago it was selling for $85 and $60. The next house I am going to wire I bought the 1,000 ft rolls of both already , about a year ago when we first put in for a permit. ( subject for another thread, it takes over a yr now to run a permit ). I wish I could get the price of the contract adjusted to todays price but it's fixed already. It was around 65 for 12 and 48 for 14 per 250 when I picked it all up.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah I happened to check last night and saw that 12-2 was 92.50$ in my area. Highest I have ever seen it.

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,455 Posts
The other day 12/2 at my local HD was $82.00. Did it go up that much in 3 days? It is almost up to the Jimmy Carter days.

·
Registered
523 Posts
154 Canakistan beer tokens for a 150M (~500 foot) roll of 14/2 at Home Depot and roughly the same at the supply house where I am. It wasn't all that long ago the same roll was $109.99...

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
4,816 Posts
Asked one of my suppliers today what's the outlook. They expect wire to maybe increase up to 50% more this year:poop:

·
Registered
Electrician
3,535 Posts
$82 at Lowes tonight

·
Registered
739 Posts
Monday I'm installing a temporary solution to re-energize a warehouse that got it's copper stolen literally out of it's switchgear inside the warehouse... Someone broke in and stole the copper out of the damn switchgear, I hear they cut the busbars out and everything as well, I ain't making it up haha... I'll snag a pic come Monday.
Looks like we're all going to be doing a lot of temporary generators and pulling in new feeds from here on out, get ready!!!

·
Registered
Retired Low Voltage installer (Fire, Access, Security)
322 Posts
Over 40 years ago I lived next to a sub-station supervisor for a good sized utility. Even back then he told about copper being stolen out of substations.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts