Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Chief Flunky
Field Service Engineer
2,078 Posts
Asked one of my suppliers today what's the outlook. They expect wire to maybe increase up to 50% more this year:poop:
Spot price for copper is almost $5. It more than doubled in the last couple months. Steel is at an all time high in history. Oil has doubled in two months. The stock market is tanking as they price in making $1 9 trillion dollars of debt appear with $0.00 in actual value behind it. Sort of like taking out a huge loan to buy your 16 year old kid a Tesla for their first car...total waste of money. This is just the beginning. As inflation kicks in we will see a recession that will make 2009 seem like a minor bump in the road. And then DC will of course say the only solution is $4 trillion in new taxes.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
The markets and the economy always tank after a republican administration's policies come to fruition.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Why aren't the crackheads high jacking the wire truck instead of cutting into live power in substations? I mean I know they're ******** but Jesus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why aren't the crackheads high jacking the wire truck instead of cutting into live power in substations? I mean I know they're **** but Jesus.
I mean Walter white style train heist would be even better. I found a guy on Craigslist selling 2500’ spool. of 12 stranded for $250/spools. While I’m doing all solid, seems like a great investment!

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Interesting follow up with no pictures. Checked again last evening cause I was there paying my monthly billing. There are two stacking places sometimes for nm cables, one is at the end of one of the electrical isles and the other one is where all the spooled wires are also located. The stack of 12-2 rolls at the mid isle near the rolls of single wires is still price labeled at $108 dollars and twenty feet away at the end of the isle the other stack had rolls of 12-2 labeled $98 bucks. Same manufacturer. I didn't buy from either stack. I'm good for now. I'll see what the supply houses are shooting first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wen't into a Home Depot today to get some led lamps. And saw the 12-2 and 14-2 bins and the prices today were $108 for 12-2 and $95 for 14-2 250 ft rolls. Less than a week ago it was selling for $85 and $60. The next house I am going to wire I bought the 1,000 ft rolls of both already , about a year ago when we first put in for a permit. ( subject for another thread, it takes over a yr now to run a permit ). I wish I could get the price of the contract adjusted to todays price but it's fixed already. It was around 65 for 12 and 48 for 14 per 250 when I picked it all up.
Advertisement removed.
@D-tecLED please read the forum rules on advertising.
Future advertisements will result in a permanent ban.
Thank you.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
LOL -next there will be those alarm tags on each roll of 14/2 like they wrap around the battery kits in the bad neighborhoods, and full rolls of NM at the pawn shops.

·
Registered
Electrician
3,534 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm surprised no one has snarkily asked, "How much longer do you think it'll take before someone lobbies to bring back aluminum wiring?" I'll be the snark.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It was just 22 days ago it hit 108. Now:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts