Electrician Talk banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
You can straight up buy a full roll of 4 bare solid at the supply house and take it down to the metal scrap yard and make a profit! Times are crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,563 Posts
By me I can buy 12/2 MC $40.00 a roll cheaper than 12/2 NM. 12/2 at the supply house is $195.00 a roll and at HD it is $170.00 a roll.

·
Dope-less Hope Fiend
electrician
698 Posts
Today, I bought some 14/2 UF-B that was half the price of the same length of NM-B.

Reactions: SummitElectric1

·
Registered
835 Posts
This is a National Security ISSUE, the idiots in charge now have no clue its going on. They need to be on it...find out why the prices are so HIGH and come up with a plan to handle it....the bullshit stories I get from my supplies are just bullshit..... IMO This is nothing more than price gouging by everyone in the supply chain.....We hare heading to hyper inflation. They talk about things going only going up 10% on the news......basic building materials have more than doubled in price in 6 months.

The extra cost are going to be increasingly transferred to every day products....are they going to wait until Milk is $50 per gallon and bread cost $30 per loaf before they will recognize there is a problem.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,117 Posts
This is a National Security ISSUE, the idiots in charge now have no clue its going on. They need to be on it...find out why the prices are so HIGH and come up with a plan to handle it....the bullshit stories I get from my supplies are just bullshit..... IMO This is nothing more than price gouging by everyone in the supply chain.....We hare heading to hyper inflation. They talk about things going only going up 10% on the news......basic building materials have more than doubled in price in 6 months.

The extra cost are going to be increasingly transferred to every day products....are they going to wait until Milk is $50 per gallon and bread cost $30 per loaf before they will recognize there is a problem.
But the billionaires will get even more rich because of it......that's all that matters, isn't it?

·
Registered
Electrician
261 Posts
As long as people keep paying, the price will stay the same and even continue to rise until it gets to the point products sit on the shelves unsold, then they’ll do something. Until then they’re still making money so they say “what’s wrong with that?”

·
Registered
528 Posts
This past Friday, I stopped by the local Westburne and was told by the counter-guy that branches within a 100 mile radius are experiencing a massive shortage of most copper wire types. Everything from single-conductor to TECK. Deliveries of 14/2 NM are estimated at as high as 40 weeks out. Apparently, aluminum is almost entirely unaffected.

Welcome to the new world order
It just gets better and better...

61 - 69 of 69 Posts