Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Why am I pausing here? What exactly made you pause? I would be surprised if any of our jobsites were ever this clean.:laughing:

Our GC's around here suck at houskeeping.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe its the 24" PVC 90's I watched them unload with a forklift.(24" is a guess BTW)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
What are they using it for?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Awg-Dawg said:
What are they using it for?
storm drain or sewer I'm guessing. Our roof drains are 18". That's as big as I've seen ran above ground

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Could even be PVC ductwork. I've been on quite a few jobs in the past with things going out the exhaust so noxious that PVC ductwork was the only thing that lasts. They weld it with hot air torches and PVC filler rod.

Reactions: BBQ and JRaef

·
Registered
14,472 Posts
Could even be PVC ductwork. I've been on quite a few jobs in the past with things going out the exhaust so noxious that PVC ductwork was the only thing that lasts. They weld it with hot air torches and PVC filler rod.
I've done that in labs and chemical plants.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
A person could pull a lot of wire in there.
All joking aside, sometimes really large "PVC Duct" like that is used from the sound & lighting booth to an understage area in theatrical occupancies. It's open ended on each end, so I guess it's not technically conduit. I've seen some so large that a slim man could probably crawl through.

Reactions: CraigV

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
I think those PVC fittings are just sitting there. They aren't causing anyone any harm. Just leave them alone.......:whistling2::whistling2:
A jobsite with no workers?
Just curious how a thread with a religious heading like this one manages to get through the mods???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.