Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEre's a good one...customer who's house I've done a lot of work in is selling. He called me and asked me why I didn't ground any of his receptacles. Home inspector told him there wasn't one outlet in the house that was grounded yet they all had ground wires and ground wires were present at the panel. I stopped over and checked them out with my $6 plug in recp tester and everything is fine. Only thing I can think is this "inspector" had a broken led on his tester. I don't know why people selling/buying put so much faith in these so called experts.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've had those broken testers before. Needless to say, hours were wasted before grabbing the meter then using a different plug in.

Whoops.

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,638 Posts
They have the title of inspector off the back of a match book cover:icon_redface::icon_redface:
Age is showing , back when match book had ads
:laughing:

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
They have the title of inspector off the back of a match book cover:icon_redface::icon_redface:
I got mine in a box of cracker jacks... much more legitimate.

Pete

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I gotta IAEI belt buckle

It's all shiney , and over my fav tool! :jester:

~CS~

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'll tell you one thing about HI's, if there's a GFI that won't reset within a mile of a house they're inspecting they're going to find that. Must be a whole class on resetting GFIs in that course of study. Never mind the pool motor that isn't grounded, I'm just here to check all your GFIs.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
HEre's a good one...customer who's house I've done a lot of work in is selling. He called me and asked me why I didn't ground any of his receptacles. Home inspector told him there wasn't one outlet in the house that was grounded yet they all had ground wires and ground wires were present at the panel. I stopped over and checked them out with my $6 plug in recp tester and everything is fine. Only thing I can think is this "inspector" had a broken led on his tester. I don't know why people selling/buying put so much faith in these so called experts.
An HIs findings shouldn't be taken seriously. They out of all need a major overhaul on their electrical training.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts