Electrician Talk banner

Home Remodel Electrical Print Submittal.

2289 Views 69 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Bilbo1
How did I do?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
9,332 Posts
First off, are you kidding me? Am I an engineer or bidder? No. It doesn’t make economical sense for me to reply to a complacent, arrogant comment like this. It takes a few eggs to make an omelet, Mr. 37 Year Contractor. I bend pipe, pull wire, and trim out panels, devices, and lights because, my daddy or uncle isn’t contractor himself. I do it well. Do I get to look at prints often? No. The IBEW 34 JATC gives more of a “working man’s” method of education. I don’t get an education in other words. Your questions aren’t lining up, kid. I asked “How did I do?”. Where are you from? What kind of test do I need to take to be a journeyman where you’re from? How many hours of classroom education do I need? How many do I need to blow to act like anyone trying to get into the trade is entitled in a negative sense when the seek criticism. Maybe I’m the 50 year contractor and this is a test for you. What’s uneconomical about a spontaneous review of you’re ability to notice mistakes or keep it simple? You’re comment was a waste of time. Bang up job…Not. I’m disappointed.
www.diychatroom.com

What's with all the DIYers lately ? Must be fix up the home season :)

· Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
9,332 Posts
Thank you. I did not think I was rude. His sketches did not make sense. Mixing kitchen circuits with lighting. Only 2 or 3 items on a circuit. Panel numbering not consistent. Basic stuff for anybody in the trade. He is looking at 10 or more AFCI circuits.
He's a Diy'er ... you called it first bud :LOL:

· Registered
IBEW 34 Apprentice
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
He's a Diy'er ... you called it first bud :LOL:
Next time you want to DIY something in or on your home that you don’t fully understand like throw up a PV system you can get those sorry ass fingers of yours to take you to www.diychatroom.com. That’ll go smoothly.
That Is just weak, bud. This stuff isn’t that simple. Take a hike. You aren’t funny.

· Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
9,332 Posts
Next time you want to DIY something in or on your home that you don’t fully understand like throw up a PV system you can get those sorry ass fingers of yours to take you to www.diychatroom.com. That’ll go smoothly.
That Is just weak, bud. This stuff isn’t that simple. Take a hike. You aren’t funny.
Well, If I was actually an apprentice in the union, I'd probably just ask my j-man.

diychatroom is not that bad, there are some members here that are willing to help homeowners bud ;)

· Registered
IBEW 34 Apprentice
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
He asked you what your load calculation was. So, what is it?
Well, I just gave you the first submittals of the electrical design layout of my remodel. So, my load calc is non-existent. Electric furnaces come in many sizes. I can give you the current VA reading of the my meter. That would tell you nothing.

· Registered
IBEW 34 Apprentice
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Brodie M When do they cover residential where you are?

Residential is taught in first year up here, including full load calculations, codes and wiring methods.
I’m an Inside Wireman apprentice. I do commercial and industrial work. Our coursework is a disrespect. We learn on the job and I don’t do residential.

· Registered
Electrical Contractor
5,666 Posts
Well, I just gave you the first submittals of the electrical design layout of my remodel. So, my load calc is non-existent. Electric furnaces come in many sizes. I can give you the current VA reading of the my meter. That would tell you nothing.
If you're an apprentice anything, I'll eat my hat.

What does utility equipment and a "VA reading" :ROFLMAO: have to do with a load calc?

· Light Bender
plumber
7,513 Posts
I’m an Inside Wireman apprentice. I do commercial and industrial work. Our coursework is a disrespect. We learn on the job and I don’t do residential.
Here in all of Canada and in many states all apprentices (union or not) must take trade school that covers all, residential, commercial and industrial. Residential being the first (basic). So regardless of what you do, all apprentices know this stuff. That is why many guys here find it odd that a 5th year doesn’t know this (basic) stuff.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts