Electrician Talk banner

Home Remodel Electrical Print Submittal.

2289 Views 69 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Bilbo1
How did I do?

Attachments

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
IBEW 34 Apprentice
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If you're an apprentice anything, I'll eat my hat.

What does utility equipment and a "VA reading" :ROFLMAO: have to do with a load calc?
I’m sorry. Utilization Equipment. The 2020 NEC defines utilization equipment as; Equipment that utilizes electric energy for electronic, electromechanical, chemical, heating, lighting, or similar purposes.
Utilization equipment like furnaces have everything to do with load calcs. It’d be very odd for a 5th year to know off the top of his head when to calculate the load of every appliance, piece of equipment, device, and light.
Let me move some things around and possibly add or subtract some things and then we can talk about these “basic things” that we touch on the basics of one time our 2nd year. That’s rudimentary stuff, but it’s not my place as an inside wireman apprentice to calculate an additive load of a building.
What kind of 5th years are you rolling with? You’re talking real big, buddy. This would be an easy thing to say for someone with years of work after an apprenticeship or topping out under their belt. Calling me self-righteous. You guys don’t even know the meaning.

· Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,917 Posts
Funny you mentioned Canadian bacon. I am working close to home today so I came home for lunch. Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, and American cheese on rye bread.
I had home breaded and fried chicken legs. Mmmmm, my wife loves me.

· Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,917 Posts
Doctor said I have to cut back on fried foods so we got one of those air fryers that I am a bit hesitant to try. Nothing beats a good fried chicken.
Mine said the same thing and cut out the sugar. Then he said everything was fine except for 2 brain aneurisms that will be rechecked next week.
So since I woke up on the OR table a couple weeks ago as they were cutting, I figured I deserve the fried chicken before they let me bleed out on the table next time.

· Registered
IBEW 34 Apprentice
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Sorry to hear about your limp. Is it muscle, ligaments, or bone? If it is the knee I found bicycling is a good strengthening exercise. A lot of soccer players do it.
I’m sorry to hear about your lame ass digs is more like it… Bots? I typed “Lame.” and he/piece of ****/it picked up “soccer players”.
Don’t worry about my knees. You’re girlfriend doesn’t work me that hard.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts