Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call today where the homeowner says his breaker is "messed up." So when I get there it see a 30 amp double pole breaker zip tied in the "on" position. And every lighting the house going crazy. After 2 hours of searching this is what I find 20 ft from the lawn irrigation pump. And that's one of the hardest $400 I have ever made... Anyone know a good wire tracer that could help me in the future? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Got a call today where the homeowner says his breaker is "messed up." So when I get there it see a 30 amp double pole breaker zip tied in the "on" position. And every lighting the house going crazy. After 2 hours of searching this is what I find 20 ft from the lawn irrigation pump. And that's one of the hardest $400 I have ever made... Anyone know a good wire tracer that could help me in the future? Thanks
:eek::laughing:

That's a new one to me.

·
Can't Remember
11,044 Posts
I have several A frame types. It definitely makes the job go much easier. You might get lucky with a standard locator with the signal dropping significantly after the break. Better to have both a locator and fault locator as well as a heat gun for UF splices. Megger is another tool to get for this. Meg before and after to get a good feel for whether the spot you repaired is the only bad segment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.