Electrician Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
yep............and its gets a whole lot worst....I remember years ago doing a trouble shoot....neutral was hot....120 hot...that's odd..so I pull apart a few more devices....wtf....homeowner rewired the whole house...looks me in the eye and says "yeah white is hot, you know like the sun right??" :blink:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
First clue it's a hack job: Used Leviton switch. :whistling2:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ive been trying to wire an addition for a guy this past week. He started it back when 12/2 nm was white, thats what he ran. Every 3 way has a 3 wire ran to the first light from the switches instead of switch to switch. He already installed all his outlets before drywall and without pigtails and wants 7 circuits all 20amp for a living room and small basement room. This is the reason you need a license to do our work.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
It's not often i stop, leave something open & de-energized to show a customer out here in the land code forgot

But i did it yesterday

Always goes over like a f*rt in church.....:(

~CS~

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
....I love it when I look em square in the eye and ask "who did this" and they say " why I did !, its OK isn't it?"......:eek::laughing:.....ah, well we will clean it up a bit...and you know make it code compliant and safe and correct other than that yeah...................:whistling2:

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Ive been trying to wire an addition for a guy this past week. He started it back when 12/2 nm was white, thats what he ran. Every 3 way has a 3 wire ran to the first light from the switches instead of switch to switch. He already installed all his outlets before drywall and without pigtails and wants 7 circuits all 20amp for a living room and small basement room. This is the reason you need a license to do our work.

Looks like a " Grow Room Operation " .

Pete

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
WITHOUT PIGTAILS?? I hope they have a fire extinguisher and good smoke detectors. Thats almost as bad as SEU. :laughing:

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,475 Posts
Goldagain said:
WITHOUT PIGTAILS?? I hope they have a fire extinguisher and good smoke detectors. Thats almost as bad as SEU. :laughing:
The good thing about pigtails is they act just like a fuse.
Just use wire that's 2 sizes smaller then the OCPD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts