Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am a hopeful electrical apprentice recruit in Vermont (Local 300). I took the aptitude test on Thursday, April 26, 2012. I think I did fairly well. Hopefully I get a call for an interview (about 2 weeks, is what I hear).

I currently work on the production line at a large beverage company.

My electrical experience is fairly limited, I have about 200 hours of grunt work with my father (Master Electrician), but that's about it. I have taken a couple of classes in Industrial Maintenance (motor controls, control circuits).

I spent about 4 years in the Marine Corps, (Communications: 0621, Field Radio Operator/Comm Chief). Enjoyed the work and people, but couldn't find a woman that enjoyed waiting for 7 months while I got to go play in the sand.

If anybody has any tips or helpful advice: It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Tony

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello guys,

I am a hopeful electrical apprentice recruit in Vermont (Local 300). I took the aptitude test on Thursday, April 26, 2012. I think I did fairly well. Hopefully I get a call for an interview (about 2 weeks, is what I hear).

I currently work on the production line at a large beverage company.

My electrical experience is fairly limited, I have about 200 hours of grunt work with my father (Master Electrician), but that's about it. I have taken a couple of classes in Industrial Maintenance (motor controls, control circuits).

I spent about 4 years in the Marine Corps, (Communications: 0621, Field Radio Operator/Comm Chief). Enjoyed the work and people, but couldn't find a woman that enjoyed waiting for 7 months while I got to go play in the sand.

If anybody has any tips or helpful advice: It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Tony
Hello Tony.:)

Congratulations and good luck on the interview I,m sure you will do fine.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the electrical trade and ET,,,And above all else, Thank You for your service....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Banned
16,091 Posts
Steve,

You mean not strong like "muscle" wise or "work" wise

Tony
I don't know a lot about the Vermont work situation but taking into account Vermont has a small population (less than 600,000 last time I checked), is very rural and agricultural, and has no major cities or hard industry. Therefore I'd say both.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I don't know a lot about the Vermont work situation but taking into account Vermont has a small population (less than 600,000 last time I checked), is very rural and agricultural, and has no major cities or hard industry. Therefore I'd say both.
well you got the rural & ag part right Pete.....

~CS~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses.

@Steve...the rep I spoke to at the hall, and at the test, told me most of the work is in the burlington area. I don't think it would be very profitable for me to drive 100 + miles to make around 12/Hr...but "you gotta do, what you gotta do" I guess to get some hours in.

@Harry...Thanks brother.

And I like living in a state that's small, rural and still agricultural.

I believe that our unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country.

The biggest problem in Vermont is the damn Yuppies.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses.

@Steve...the rep I spoke to at the hall, and at the test, told me most of the work is in the burlington area. I don't think it would be very profitable for me to drive 100 + miles to make around 12/Hr...but "you gotta do, what you gotta do" I guess to get some hours in.
i wuz gonna say Burlington, ibm, but the tenured guys will get it first

@Harry...Thanks brother.

And I like living in a state that's small, rural and still agricultural.

I believe that our unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country.
and there's worst places to be unemployed too.....

The biggest problem in Vermont is the damn Yuppies.
lol, yeah, our legislature is lousy with 'em

they move up from the big pond where they couldn't save the world, and make a lotta noise in the small one....

spread Fred!

~CS~

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
So perhaps you can tell me what major cities and industries (besides the aforementioned and Ben & Jerry's ice cream) there are in Vermont? :rolleyes:
First off, i'm sick to death of those two old hippies having any form of representation of Vermont Pete, i denounce them as the Cherry Garcia sucking traitors to the state flag that they are

2nd, there is no industry, unless you like cows, or women who could double as plow truck ballast

3rd, your wrong about muscle, we've the biggest dumbest musclebound farmboys on God's green earth here

and we're dang proud of 'em too!

~CS~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.