Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a new code that requires a circuit label for hospital light switches. I can see the requirement for receptacles in Article 517, but I do not see it for light switches.

I was told this was something new that has been required.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
brother said:
Is there a new code that requires a circuit label for hospital light switches. I can see the requirement for receptacles in Article 517, but I do not see it for light switches. I was told this was something new that has been required.
. Not required per NEC , but hospital spec.'s are pretty specific even it comes to labeling . In other words , they normally want anything that can be labelled , to be labelled . Engineers go way above minimum NEC requirements , when it comes to hospitals .

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think there is anything i find in 2014 code which requires the circuit labels for Light switches
I agree. Even though I do not see it as a requirement, I can see it being a good idea in some cases. No harm in labeling the light switches.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Most of the hospitals we do actually require permanent labeling attached to the walls above the device for ALL outlets and devices.

Although not a code requirement, it is a good idea in hospitals and attaching the labels to the wall keeps things straight after painters come along later mixing up plates

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts