Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Does anyone have a Hot work permit that I can look at for Arc Flash Policy?
If this is for a facility use the one in the 70E (You have read the 70E right?)

For outside contractors, this one works, but don't just copy it, you need to customize it to meet your needs and still meet the 70E requirements.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I do have the NFPA 70E book, however I was trying to create one that would serve both contractors and the maintenance personnel here.

Thanks for the word document.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I do have the NFPA 70E book, however I was trying to create one that would serve both contractors and the maintenance personnel here.

Thanks for the word document.
OK so you are a facility and have to do something internal and also deal with outside contractors right?

In that case the doc I posted is not suited well for you, use the example in the 70E, thats more suited for a facility. As far as contractors go use this to "pre-qualify" them.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Arc Flash Policy and Procedures

Sorry, i should told you I have been working on our Facility compliance with Arc Flash. I preformed the survey, made the one line drawings, and preformed the calculation per NFPA 70E. I am now fininshing the policies and the training procedures for our facility. I am looking for a Hot Line permit that will cover our maintenance personnel and I follow the outside contractors work. I would like to have one that covers both. I facility has decided that we will not work on it Hot. however we need to be able to verify that there is nothing present. We have Category 0-4 hazard. I have a 40 cal/cm2 suit that our qualified people will wear when verifying that voltage is not present. I am purchasing Category 0 jackets for all of our maintenance personnel who we are qualifying. I am just trying to make sure I did not over look something.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Sorry, i should told you I have been working on our Facility compliance with Arc Flash. I preformed the survey, made the one line drawings, and preformed the calculation per NFPA 70E.
Should have used the 1584 , much more accurate and your Ei's would be lower.

I am now fininshing the policies and the training procedures for our facility. I am looking for a Hot Line permit that will cover our maintenance personnel and I follow the outside contractors work. I would like to have one that covers both.
You don't want one that covers both, keep them seperate.

I facility has decided that we will not work on it Hot. however we need to be able to verify that there is nothing present. We have Category 0-4 hazard.
If you did an analysis you should have Ei's not HRC's, you don't want to mix the analysis results with the HRC's/.

I have a 40 cal/cm2 suit that our qualified people will wear when verifying that voltage is not present.
You are making your guys wear a 40 cal suit for every thing? GOod luck with that.

I am purchasing Category 0 jackets for all of our maintenance personnel who we are qualifying.
There is no such thing, every PPE garment I have seen marked HRC 0 are counterfit.

I am just trying to make sure I did not over look something.
This will help (See attachment)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts