Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Houston Texas is booming, and the pay is equal to or surpasses that of So Cal. The median housing price is 177,00.00 in Houston, it's 450,000.00 in the San Diego. Houston's got a much better deal for electrician's if you can stand the weather. With so much construction going on, there must good opportunities for contractors there, but they may have a problem finding electricians.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,177 Posts
I'll be on the next Grayhound bus that leaves here bound for Houston ....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep. Everyone's hiring and paying well. Cost of living is stupid low here, too. Plenty of work to go around.

New construction is EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Yep. Everyone's hiring and paying well. Cost of living is stupid low here, too. Plenty of work to go around.

New construction is EVERYWHERE.
Sounds like a good place to go for a young lad with ambitions. :thumbsup:

Reactions: JMV

·
Registered
19 Posts
North of Houston ( Kingwood New Caney

My gf and I went down from Michigan in 1979, Stayed 5 years , I was just starting out and learned alot about the trade and who to work for and who not too. Met some good guys to work with and after we got married and started a family , I started looking at houses and came back north. Both of us have familys up here, Im almost retired , I would go back ( after sept.) but dont think the mrs would. If anyone needs a 60 year old master , give me a email.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.