Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I touched the Live Load wire while it was on coming out of a 120V:17V transformer going to a Door Bell. Now i know that it's not about the Volts that kills people-its the AMPS, so how come i didn't get at least a tingle when i touched the live wire that is connected to the 17V transformer?
 

·
NJ-IEC
Joined
·
14,387 Posts
I touched the Live Load wire while it was on coming out of a 120V:17V transformer going to a Door Bell. Now i know that it's not about the Volts that kills people-its the AMPS, so how come i didn't get at least a tingle when i touched the live wire that is connected to the 17V transformer?
Hmm... were you standing on a wood floor with no path to ground (i.e.; earth)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Nope, i was standing one concrete with running shoes and no protection
your typical running shoes have a rubber sole so unless they were wet your were not in electrical contact with the earth
 

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
Joined
·
9,013 Posts
Ive been zapped off ethernet hitting my sweaty forehead.
 

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
Joined
·
9,013 Posts
I watched a movie called "Bounty Killer" the other day and the entire time I was thinking that the gun caddy guy was Chewy :thumbup::laughing:
I should grow my hair long to hide my receding hairline
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top