Electrician Talk banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
My brother was an electrician and when I was 9 I trimmed out a house with him and he told me he was gonna make me an electrician. I graduated high school on Friday and had a job on Monday morning with the company my brother was working for. Been married to it ever since. Love it still.

My school took a select dozen of pupils including myself in 2nd grade and taught us how to complete a circuit with a 1.5 volt top post drycell, a knife switch , miniature socket and bulb and some bell wire. After that I got into books, homemade magnets and so forth. Eventually making contraptions that would blow the circuit to my room. Moved on to replacing devices and fixtures in my early teens. Studied the 1987 nec book and started a full time job as a helper that year.

Should have just taken the civil service test and became a cop. Would have been retired today.

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

I was the kind of guy that very addicted to computer, all my hobby was around it and video games so of course when was time to look for a career it was obvious i wanted to be a programmer, but after a while i said to myself maybe if my work is the same than my favorite hobby someday im going to get very bored of all this. So i opened a career book at school and looked which job could be fun and what other than computer could be interesting, good placement rate and prety good salary without too much school needed. That's about how i became electrician and of course i learned hoiw to program by PLC and such and i enjoy my job today for this.

First choice in hi school votech was carpentry( it was full) great granpop was a seabee and ibew after that so elec was
Second choice... Im soooo fn happy that carpentry was
Full!!!!

20 yrs in trade this yr... And i love my job

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.