Electrician Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He HO wants me to change out the panel and then add a dryer circuit. His house is concrete block so i was just going to go underground. Im not sure what i will be getting into with all the weatherheads so i dont hack it up like it is now. Might just do the dryer and leave the rest.
Any thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chicken steve said:
And is that piece of rust 'the panel' Spark....? ~CS~
Yes it is. Im afraid of what i will get in to if i change it. I know hes not wanting to spend alot so i might try and talk him out of it.

·
Super Moderator
22,035 Posts
My experience when I have a customer with a mess like that and he does not want to spend money is to run

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Yes it is. Im afraid of what i will get in to if i change it. I know hes not wanting to spend alot so i might try and talk him out of it.
I always ignore the part about the customer not wanting to spend a lot because that is none of my concern.

Give him your price to fix it properly. If he doesn't want to spend a lot, he won't use you. If he decides that he needs it done, you got a job at the price you want. Win-win for you.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
i have a feeling there's also a panel inside behind the meter. You'll find doubled up SEC's on the meter.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3xdad said:
i have a feeling there's also a panel inside behind the meter. You'll find doubled up SEC's on the meter.
Thats kind of what i thought to. Im not one to judge people but from just standing outside and kind of seeing in i dont think i want to go inside to do anything.

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Thats kind of what i thought to. Im not one to judge people but from just standing outside and kind of seeing in i dont think i want to go inside to do anything.
So you did not go inside to check what all you may be getting into?

I can see why it would be hard to bid.

I would call that a drive-by bid.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Could always bid it and see what happens but looks like you will be dealing with a lot of three wire sub feeds that may have to be upgraded to four wire.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
The weather head celebration is a new one to me.

Most probable scenario here is Cletis will come along and do a 1/4 price job with a few can I du dis threads:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
sparky402 said:
He HO wants me to change out the panel and then add a dryer circuit. His house is concrete block so i was just going to go underground. Im not sure what i will be getting into with all the weatherheads so i dont hack it up like it is now. Might just do the dryer and leave the rest. Any thoughts.
what an abortion ! Not sure I'd touch that mess , especially knowing he's cheap ! Let him have the same hack who did the previous work do it , lol !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I always ignore the part about the customer not wanting to spend a lot because that is none of my concern.

Give him your price to fix it properly. If he doesn't want to spend a lot, he won't use you. If he decides that he needs it done, you got a job at the price you want. Win-win for you.
Agree

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,923 Posts
Do not agree. Drive on past on your way to the affluent neighborhoods.
Time is money

1 - 14 of 14 Posts