Electrician Talk banner

How do you bid crap like this

1749 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  macmikeman
He HO wants me to change out the panel and then add a dryer circuit. His house is concrete block so i was just going to go underground. Im not sure what i will be getting into with all the weatherheads so i dont hack it up like it is now. Might just do the dryer and leave the rest.
Any thoughts.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
1,066 Posts
Yes it is. Im afraid of what i will get in to if i change it. I know hes not wanting to spend alot so i might try and talk him out of it.
I always ignore the part about the customer not wanting to spend a lot because that is none of my concern.

Give him your price to fix it properly. If he doesn't want to spend a lot, he won't use you. If he decides that he needs it done, you got a job at the price you want. Win-win for you.

· Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3xdad said:
i have a feeling there's also a panel inside behind the meter. You'll find doubled up SEC's on the meter.
Thats kind of what i thought to. Im not one to judge people but from just standing outside and kind of seeing in i dont think i want to go inside to do anything.

· Registered
2,559 Posts
sparky402 said:
He HO wants me to change out the panel and then add a dryer circuit. His house is concrete block so i was just going to go underground. Im not sure what i will be getting into with all the weatherheads so i dont hack it up like it is now. Might just do the dryer and leave the rest. Any thoughts.
what an abortion ! Not sure I'd touch that mess , especially knowing he's cheap ! Let him have the same hack who did the previous work do it , lol !

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
36,976 Posts
Do not agree. Drive on past on your way to the affluent neighborhoods.
Time is money

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.