Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clearance is over 102" with ladders and all, there's no car wash that can fit me. Usually I'll hose it off a couple times a year but it tends to get real dirty in the winter when I am unable to run a hose. Just curious how others deal with this

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
i'll stop by the coin op car wash in town if i get a chance.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Yeah, the thing can be a filthy heap, but clean windows can really help a guys constitution.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
It's friday & my van and i look like BoxCar Willy contestants ;)

IDK, time for a drink! :thumbup:~CS~:laughing:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Head for the wand wash and clean it.. If I took my truck through a drive thru car wash, I'd be spending the next two hours replacing radio and phone antennas.. Not to mention the fact that it would be just a muddy version of before it entered the car wash.. I usually spend about $15-$20 for an average wash..

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
We bought a pressure washer because of mud season here

It works, but more 'knee time' which none of us need.....

~CS~

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Honestly, I have bought maybe 3 car washes in the last 10-12 years. The rain washes my vehicles.

My wife on the other hand, gets hers washed usually once a month.

You really think lazy teenagers are interested in washing cars ?
Sounds too much like work !

:thumbsup:
Few things bring a smile to my face like seeing my kids faces when I tell them there's work to be done. :thumbup:

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
and just how are you rewarding these kids that they smile about work?:eek:

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Pre 2007, we had a service come once a month and was them all.

Post 2007 we rely on the 7" of annual rainfall to accomplish the task.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's been too cold here to wash my high roof Sprinter these days and I have had a couple of good customers comment on how she looks. The self serve washes here are all exactly a 1/2" too low for it to fit in.

I took it to the truck stop and the guys at the Blue Beacon truck wash washed it, spray waxed it, and undercarriage washed it for $30.00. It looked great for about a week!

I had to drive a ways to get there but it's my only way of doing it these days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't have work truck of my own, but I get to wash the company trucks on company time. Once a month, minimum. Dawn and a brush. I think I've waxed them once a year. If they look scruffy, they get a bath. Part of the image. Clean truck = clean shop, clean work, clean company.

Wanted to add, boss has them fully detailed 6 mos from when i wax an is real particular about keeping the cab clean. No food, etc.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
Small Potatoes
5,460 Posts
On the weekends I go to each one of my electricians homes and personnally wash them by hand.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts