Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stayingmotivatebusy-lge.jpg

Sometimes you just need to remind yourself to keep going, whether business is booming or has slowed to a trickle. Your personal habits, your attitude and your ability to set a routine and stay dedicated to your business matter. Staying Motivated Busy or Slow
How do you stay motivated?

·
Registered
Test
6,106 Posts
I remember as a young entrepreneur when I first went out on my own, not my first job site but certainly in the first year, there was some digging to do. Not a lot of digging, maybe 100' or so, but it was in clay and it was raining. On that job I developed a saying I keep in my mind "the only way to get it done is to do it" and I use that to this day when facing a challenge I'd really rather not be facing. It doesn't come up often, but when it does, it reminds me of that job. And of course there's the satisfaction of having the task complete being no longer a lingering burden.

·
Petulant Amateur
24,239 Posts
I remember as a young entrepreneur when I first went out on my own, not my first job site but certainly in the first year, there was some digging to do. Not a lot of digging, maybe 100' or so, but it was in clay and it was raining. On that job I developed a saying I keep in my mind "the only way to get it done is to do it" and I use that to this day when facing a challenge I'd really rather not be facing. It doesn't come up often, but when it does, it reminds me of that job. And of course there's the satisfaction of having the task complete being no longer a lingering burden.
That’s 100’ more digging than I want to do :) .

I get your point, though. Get the ugly stuff done first.

·
Hackenschmidt
10,457 Posts
One of my friend's father was a foreman for the DOT, this was his motivational method. If there was a group gathered bitching and looking at what they had to do but not doing it, he'd say "OK quiet everyone let's together all wish as hard as we can at the same time and see if this miracles itself done." He'd close his eyes, hold his breath, make a face for a second, open them and say, "Did it work? No? Nothing? Goddamnit. OK, we tried. Get started NOW."

·
Senile Member
30,716 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The thing that motivates me the most is denouncing trolls who spam this forum, especially ones who falsely claim they are electrical contractors when they are not.

Reactions: Max C.

·
Registered
31,144 Posts
Previously I needed no motivation boosters I love what I do. At age 66 (67 in a month) that motivation is starting to wain. The fact that I have 1.5 years left of alimony and then I can use MY MONEY as I see fit keeps me going and try to build up some retirement as I lost 80% of that in the settlement and I have that going for me.

When I hear women's rights I spit. It is not about equal rights, it is about taking what they can get without giving up anything they have presently under the law.

And for the record, we have a binding agreement yet my kids tell me she is talking about taking me to court as she feels she was swindled and screwed by me and her lawyer.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,098 Posts
What motivates me:

Ex wives, young wife, female friends, 6 kids (new son), 4 grandchildren (currently 2 more enroute), waterfront house, want a new boat, and maybe opening a new business.

Is that enough?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Car parts. And not wanting to work so much. I figure the more I make the less I have to work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts