Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rather than cutting holes in old plaster and drilling across a bunch of joists i did this today. i didnt have a metal box on the truck, if i had i wouldnt think twice about this but i didnt so its kinda iffy in retrospect. whats the verdict, hackwork or just a long tubular nail plate? (sheetrock is going back over the furring strips lol it wont be exposed)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i wish id had the little white ones or at least some connectors.. left all the fittings at another job tho unfortunately

·
Slave to the grind
623 Posts
You went farther than many would have....I'm guessing some would have just slapped the NM up there next to the furring strip without protection.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You went farther than many would have....I'm guessing some would have just slapped the NM up there next to the furring strip without protection.
yep seen that plenty.. last time it was run on the edge and held up with little nails thru the center of the romex

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
yep seen that plenty.. last time it was run on the edge and held up with little nails thru the center of the romex
I have seen receptacles wired with lamp cord , with little brads driven through the cord .

H O ... ... It works don't it ?

:laughing:

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
...I'm guessing some would have just slapped the NM up there next to the furring strip without protection.
I'm one of 'em. I would've picked a center between two strips and clipped Romex right on down the middle.

Done it a million times in furred ceilings on inspected new construction, don't see why it'd be different here.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
My vote: Not hack.

Here, i would have to use connectors with plastic bushings. i think you might want to nail plate somehow next to the box where that NM is less than 1 1/4 from the surface of the strip.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
My vote: Not hack.

Here, i would have to use connectors with plastic bushings. i think you might want to nail plate somehow next to the box where that NM is less than 1 1/4 from the surface of the strip.
I like your signature. Sounds like sage advice. :jester:

Reactions: 3xdad
1 - 20 of 44 Posts