Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law bought a house to flip and when I asked him for the plan for the kitchen he told me to just put the receptacles anywhere. He asked me if I know what I'm doing and he has done 1000 kitchens. If you did a kitchen a week that's 20 yrs. worth.

·
Banned
20 Posts
I work for three different companies that only do kitchens. Add them to the new work we do and we still have not done 1000. As long as you know where the fridge, oven and sink are you can most likely lay out your countertop receptacles.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
My brother in law bought a house to flip and when I asked him for the plan for the kitchen he told me to just put the receptacles anywhere. He asked me if I know what I'm doing and he has done 1000 kitchens. If you did a kitchen a week that's 20 yrs. worth.
I'd put 12 receps on every stud, spread out from floor to ceiling, then bill him for each and every one of them.

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
Maximumbob said:
Your bother in law is an idiot, and he's yours of your own choosing. Just saying.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
I have only heard one sentence your brother in law has said and I want to deck him. How do you stand talking to him on a regular basis? If he knows more than you why is he asking for your help seems he can take care of his own kitchen.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Sounds like he don't have a clue. 5 mins and pencil and he could lay this out, or you do it show him the drawing and have him ok it. Then have at it. Any problem after and you CYA. Keep the sketch you may need it:laughing:.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Let mr. Asshat brother in law go his way, just make sure to have the camera and the I told you so speech ready.
Honestly thought people like him piss me off because they are too stupid to know how let alone listen. Then they wonder why it cost three times as much to fix their fups.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I'll bet he as not done 5....:laughing:

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts
Last time I actually took a count I was at 1200. That was about 4-5 years ago. What's kind of scary is going back to a job where I did the kitchen 15 years ago and have absolutely zero recollection of being there. The flip side is I can name my worst customers, probably less than 10 and all kitchen jobs, without even thinking about it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have only heard one sentence your brother in law has said and I want to deck him. How do you stand talking to him on a regular basis? If he knows more than you why is he asking for your help seems he can take care of his own kitchen.
The flip flopped so they are living there. I was trying to help my sister while at the same time making his life miserable. I avoid talking to him at all costs:laughing:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.