Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a 1020 sq ft basement? I looked at a job today where the cans and all switch and receptacle boxes are mounted. He tells me the other electrician has other, more important, obligations and cannot finish. I think the HO installed it all and realized he didn't know how to proceed. Anyway, here is the sketch I made after my walk through today.

White Line art Head Drawing Organism

He installed 62 +/- cans and boxes for up to 26 switches. I am more than happy to wire it all for him. He told me "I purchased all of the material, I just need a price for labor." Funny thing is, there are only 2 250' rolls of 12/2 NM cable sitting among the miscellaneous materials piled in the corner. I didn't see any 14/2 at all. Never mind 3 wire for the 3 ways.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
in a 1020 sq ft basement? I looked at a job today where the cans and all switch and receptacle boxes are mounted. He tells me the other electrician has other, more important, obligations and cannot finish. I think the HO installed it all and realized he didn't know how to proceed. Anyway, here is the sketch I made after my walk through today.

View attachment 37200

He installed 62 +/- cans and boxes for up to 26 switches. I am more than happy to wire it all for him. He told me "I purchased all of the material, I just need a price for labor." Funny thing is, there are only 2 250' rolls of 12/2 NM cable sitting among the miscellaneous materials piled in the corner. I didn't see any 14/2 at all. Never mind 3 wire for the 3 ways.
He ain't growing is he?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
480sparky said:
Run, Forrest! Run!
Not yet. He has lots of $$$$$$ and I want my share. As long as he approves my price it will be well worth it. Anything not included on my proposal will be handled on a T&M basis. This includes any trips for material and making lists of material for him.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to mention, I had to make the sketch because he didn't even have a drawing. There is a utility room, bathroom, kitchen, game room and a theatre with an HD projector and 120"+ screen. I'm still not sure what the carpenter used to base his wall and room and bulkhead locations.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
He told me "I purchased all of the material, I just need a price for labor." Funny thing is, there are only 2 250' rolls of 12/2 NM cable sitting among the miscellaneous materials piled in the corner. I didn't see any 14/2 at all. Never mind 3 wire for the 3 ways.
We've all had these sorts over the years bt.....;)

I'm fine with them if they wish to chase a quarter down the street and beat it into knickels :rolleyes:

I'm not when they ask me to 'make it all right' , 'to code' , or otherwise try and pin the litigant tail on the EC donkey :no:

We'll make distinguishing statements to them upfront, and back it up on paper , which is filed with us & them :whistling2:

Oh and, they get to activate it all too! :thumbup:

~CS~

·
Registered
346 Posts
Usually, if someone says they want to purchase materials, I tell them that's fine. However, I do let them know that any materials they purchase are not under my warranty, and if I have to wait for materials they have to pay me for my time.... Looks to me like you already have that covered. (Warranty the labor but not the material he provides. )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.