Electrician Talk banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,332 Posts
Last time I actually looked we were at 37 cents. But that was when Trump was still President. I'm afraid to look now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
OUCH!
I heat & cook w/wood & propane, propane wh, average bill is $35 p/mo.
It gets cold in the Sierra Nevada's, but nothing like Canada. Did my house to Manual J standards with a ERV
I am slowly working at maki g this house more efficient. Most recently I gutted the wall between the kitchen and back porch, spray foamed some 1" r5 foam between the studs to act as a vapour barrier and will fill the rest of the cavity with fiberglass.
This was needed for drafts but brought on by a rat chewing through the wall. Hole the size of my fist through the rim joist to under the porch.
We ran the wood stove all winter our first year here. Kept the heating bill way down, even with all the drafts at the time. My wife has asthma and that winter she was into the puffers pretty hard. We only use it for power outages now. I miss it.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,520 Posts
I'm just glad to have a wood stove. We pay somewhere around .12 Cents / kwh, I think. Unfortunately we have 3 electric furnaces in the house. The main one never comes on with the stove going. In fact, we have the door open and its 30 degrees out. Most of the day we just put in one log at a time just to get a little heat from it

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
2,043 Posts
It looks like JCP&L has two rates. The first 600KWH at one rate, and over 600KWH at another rate. Those two rates are also divided into summer and winter rates. So four rates altogether. They also have an optional time of day billing. I don't know when they started that. Maybe when they switched to smart meters? There is also water heater rates and heat pump rates. It's odd that the winter rate is higher than the over 600KWH summer rate? I guess they have to make up for less usage during the winter?

Looking at my KWH used chart and a billing statement, they don't line up? I'm not sure what they did? Maybe the one shows what I used in total, but doesn't show the amount subtracted from solar production? Dividing the numbers on the left chart, it averages around .07 KWH. The picture on the right still shows a $85 credit, while on the left it shows how much was billed for the month.
Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Owner
33 Posts
Eugene Oregon here. We have multiple utilities throughout our area. The largest one here has several charges but added together equal $0.0915 per kWH. But there' also a meter charge of just over $20 for residential on top of that and a few small taxes too. When doing quick energy savings calcs I use a rule of thumb of 11 cents. gets me in the ballpark.
Commercial here uses a tiered system that works out to be a few cents more.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.