Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suffering a little from sticker shock this afternoon on a three phase panel.
225 amp 30 ckt Loadcentre SQD QO330ML2, $320. Phoned around for a few minutes and found one for $299.

That seems outrageous to me.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Charge it to your customer, after you add 30 %.

Took the wife's car through a car wash. $53.00 :eek:

That seems outrageous to me

EDIT: You should see how much that sucker is in North Africa... well I guess that doesn't matter. That is there and you are here.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I'm assuming 120/208 3 phase, 4 wire panel.

I just recently ordered four of the same panels but they are Eaton/Cutler Hammer's instead of Square D, and the total was just under $1600.00 before the HST.

Add another 15% on top of that for the taxes.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Was supposed to be a high leg delta service, turned out to be wye.
A splitter trough and single phase panel is under $200.
A single phase 40 ckt panel with main is $130
A single phase 200 amp main breaker panel for me is around $110. Different areas get different pricing I guess.

I find Square D to be overpriced anyway.

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
Why does it seem Outrageous...?
Because it is. I also just got word from one of my suppliers yesterday that CH is no longer supplying the breakers for Allen Bradley and I am looking at a 50% cost increase for the 150A feeder breaker bucket and MCC section I just ordered. I asked for a new quote and an email explaining the cost increase, so I can pass this cost to the customer. It should be easy to get the extra money from the customer since they have a national contract with AB and their cost will also be increased.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Suffering a little from sticker shock this afternoon on a three phase panel.
225 amp 30 ckt Loadcentre SQD QO330ML2, $320. Phoned around for a few minutes and found one for $299.

That seems outrageous to me.
Can't find that one on my supplier's web site but the SQD QO330L200G is $203.07

·
Sideways Sparky
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well for the panel, cover, and one 15 amp breaker it would have cost $520 for QO.
Found Siemens stuff for $240. Actually found it for less but this way it is overnight delivery.
Try something new tomorrow I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.