Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/0 medium voltage. There are 3 vaults between switch and transformer. Between vaults A-B a true tape measures 331'. Between B-C measures 98' between A and transformer can't be measured to accurately but is 100' with a wheel. And finally between C and the switch is 8' and the duct bank is 7' below grade. Also the 3 vaults are pour in place about 6' square. Remember the wires have to be racked in each vault.

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Well order 5000 ft then just sell the extra to the scrap yard .:thumbsup:

Rule if you cant get inside the manhole or box or transformer don't guess why cant you measure it .

Each conduit is going to be longer by stacking there not all the same length in transformer unless theres a vault under trans if you don't know how it was run underground its a guess.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
How are you racking? Is it just to one side or do you have to do a complete loop around?

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I'am asking is my PM likes to order the absolute minimum I've always ordered 10% more plus a a few feet here and there. And of course if it's short I would get the blame. Any way this pull had a 4th vault we didn't know about. If I hadn't ordered extra wire we would have been short. I ordered 625'

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
The reason I'am asking is my PM likes to order the absolute minimum I've always ordered 10% more plus a a few feet here and there. And of course if it's short I would get the blame. Any way this pull had a 4th vault we didn't know about. If I hadn't ordered extra wire we would have been short. I ordered 625'
What do I win?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I rounded up to 625 as well, so, the PM will add about 50'.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
piperunner said:
Well order 5000 ft then just sell the extra to the scrap yard .:thumbsup: Rule if you cant get inside the manhole or box or transformer don't guess why cant you measure it . Each conduit is going to be longer by stacking there not all the same length in transformer unless theres a vault under trans if you don't know how it was run underground its a guess.
. I could measure it just not with the True tape.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.